3 - 5 years
General Manager – Florida Avenue Brewing Co.
Wesley Chapel, Florida (Pasco County)
As a General Manager, you must be a fully functional expert in all processes and positions, front of house, in addition to managing P&L cost centers as well as oversee a 30,000 sq. feet destination brewery in the heart of Wesley Chapel, Florida. This is an extremely hands-on management position, and you will spend most of your time working directly with employees throughout the restaurant as well as interacting with customers.
- Provides supervision of all front of house position
- Oversees and works closely with Executive Chef, Assistant Managers, and Catering Manager to deliver great customer service.
- Ensures superior service is offered to all guests and is a priority of all restaurant managers and employees.
- Responds to all guest complaints and works to proactively resolve them within company procedures and guidelines.
- Ensures the proper standards are followed for restaurant set up, including opening and closing procedures and hourly staff side work procedures.
- Supervises settlement of customer purchases in accordance to company policies and procedures.
- Monitors feedback at the end of each shift, including the communication from managers in the log.
- Performs daily accounting and cash control including invoice coding and approval.
- Orders, receives, codes, and stocks all beverages, goods and services, and performs daily cost tracking.
- Works with internal marketing team to develop and execute revenue generating events on a monthly basis.
- Ensures all food and beverage products are prepared and presented in accordance to written recipes and specifications.
- Manages and participates in monthly inventory.
- Plans and conducts weekly manager meeting and all department meeting.
- Ensures the manager office premises and building premises are appropriately and adequately secured and locked during and at the end of shifts.
- Ensures the restaurant is adequately and properly stocked with the appropriate food and beverage levels.
- Is the main communicator between the executive team and the Front of House staff.
- Conducts daily meetings with staff to inform them of happenings in the restaurant.
- Maintains a high standard of cleanliness of restaurant and appearance of staff.
- Handles staff queries and assists with problems.
- Regularly checks restaurant for maintenance requirements and submits maintenance requests or performs the repair.
- Ensures that staff receives continual training necessary for job competence, including use of the POS system.
- Recruits own staff liaising with other departments and assists in onboarding.
- Ensures the scheduling standards and practices are being met for all employee schedules.
- Maintains strict security standards to avoid theft or damage.
- Performs other related duties as required or assigned.
As a General Manager you must be dependable, self-reliant and passionate about good food and exceptional customer service. It is vital that you combine a winning personality with professional dedication and a team-oriented attitude. Strong organizational, time-management and prioritization skills are also important attributes for this role.
Specific qualifications for the position include:
- Minimum 4 year of general manager experience in a hospitality operation
- Must be able and willing to work in the front-of-the-house and back-of-the-house
- Be able to hold a Manager Food Safety Certificate
- Availability to work a flexible schedule
- Legal authorization to work in the United States
- Minimum 21 years of age
- Previous experience as front-of-the-house manager, preferred
- Associate's or Bachelor's degree, preferred
- Computer proficiency (particularly MS Office Suite and Outlook) preferred
- Experience with Point Of Sale systems, preferred
- Pay for performance structure
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Life insurance
- Short- and long-disability
- 401(k) with Company match
- Meal discount
- Paid Time Off
- Monthly beer allotment
Job ID: 259681313