Calista Organic Hotel is looking for a hard-working, vibrant and reliable Front Desk Host to join our team!
Located at the cusp of Union Square and Nob Hill, We offer an organic, trendy hotel in the heart of the city to guests all around the world
We are looking for team players who are friendly, warm, enthusiastic, and take pride in their work. Our Front Desk Hosts offer quality, friendly, professional service to guests, in addition to checking guests in and out, assisting with requests and needs prior, during and after their stay, answering the phone, taking hotel reservations and providing concierge services.
• Fluency in English (verbal and written) is required.
• A minimum two years' experience in a customer/guest service and/or public contact related job is desired.
• Must have High school diploma or equivalent.
• Must be computer literate with a knowledge of Word and Excel and other on line research and websites usages
• Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with co-workers and the public.
• Possess a courteous, friendly and professional manner.
• Independent thinker and a 'quick study'.
• Good team player.
• Willingness to go the extra mile.
• Ability to perform assigned duties with attention to detail, speed, accuracy, follow-through, courtesy,
cooperativeness and work with a minimum of supervision.
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations.
• Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of
patience, tact, and diplomacy to defuse anger.
• Ability to work well under pressure and handle multiple tasks at once.
• Must be punctual with regular and reliable attendance.
• Develop in depth understanding of the property management system and reservation functionality.
• Provide gracious and sincere customer service to all arriving and departing hotel guests and visitors.
• Answering telephones in a prompt and professional manner and providing assistance to callers
• Taking reservations in person and over the phone
• Reading and responding to hotel email
• Checking guests in and out
• Completing group pre-registrations and key packets
• Posting charges and processing payments
• Communicating with Housekeeping and Maintenance
• Handling mail and coordinating deliveries of messages and packages
• Anticipating guests' needs, acting promptly to acknowledge all guests, however busy and whatever time of
• Meet with departing Front Desk Host to review business status, log-book and follow-up items.
• Perform charge back dispute and guest payment reconciliations.
Essential Physical Abilities
• Endure various physical movements throughout the work areas, such as reaching, bending and stooping.
• Remain in stationary position for a maximum eight hours (excluding meal and rest breaks).
• Ability to grasp, bend, and stoop; push or pull heavy loads weighing up to 30 lbs.; and lift and/or carry or otherwise move packages, boxes, and luggage.
Interested Candidates please reply to this email with your resume and availability.
Job ID: 248705782