Merrill, Oregon is a small town with an old American feel. Merrill is the ideal location for hunters, bird watchers and explorers as there are many options in the immediate and surrounding areas. This includes the National Lava Beds, Lower Klamath and Tulelake refugees and impressive Glass mountain. The Wild Goose Lodge is looking for a responsible individual to help us oversee our seasonal, family motel.
Requirements include a trustworthy, personable, professional individual who is driven to provide exceptional customer service in an effort to create a memorable experience for each guest. Wild Goose Lodge prides themselves on offering guests an experience they can only get from a family motel, such as flowers in the room on Valentine’s day or a no extra charge dog bed for their best friend. Additionally, must have your own RV for living accommodations.
This is a lifestyle position, managing the day to day motel operations. You live where you work. Responsibilities include reservations, responding to telephone inquiries, utilizing computer reservation software, guest registration, room assignments, accommodating special requests, laundry, room cleaning, and ensuring guests have a pleasant stay.
- Answer phones, questions and take reservations in a professional and courteous manner
- Provide exceptional guest service, addressing requests and concerns with respect and compassion
- Greet and check guests into and out of the motel
- Manage guest accounts by accurately posting charges and settling cash and credit card transactions
- Wash, dry and fold motel laundry from each day
- Manage inventory of hotel supplies including cleaning supplies and linens
- Aid guests will small maintenance issues such as a tripped heater or clogged toilet
- Run all necessary night audit reports
- Maintain quality and cleanliness standards by making frequent walk throughs of rooms and common areas
- Clean rooms daily. Sometimes on your own and sometimes with extra help depending on quantity of rooms needing cleaned
- Manage cleaners scheduling and quality control
- Anything else that management deems necessary to ensure that the business prospers
Qualifications and Skills
- Candidates must be outgoing, friendly, honest, courteous, and have a passion for the business
- Computer and Internet knowledge required to operate online property management software
- Sufficient oral and written skills to produce communications that properly reflect the company image
- Prior customer service experience is preferred
- Experience managing motel preferred but not required
- Excellent references and a background check will be required
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Basic property maintenance knowledge and skills
- Competitive salary for a 7-month season. May 1 to December 1. Work for 7 months and have 5 months off!
- RV Space with free rent and utilities for the 7-month season. RV Space includes 20/30/50 Amps, water, and Wi-Fi
- Pay range from $1500.00 to $1600.00 per month depending on experience. Raise to $1800.00 upon successful completion of 90 day probation.
- 4 days off per month
Job ID: 240754598