Wynola Pizza & Bistro, one of Julian’s premier restaurants, is currently searching for a full-time manager to oversee daily operations. The perfect candidate is someone who is excited to thrive in the mountains of San Diego, has the business acumen to continue, enhance, and expand operations of a 100+ capacity restaurant and full bar, and has a desire to create great food using high quality and fresh ingredients.
If you would welcome the opportunity to work in this historic tourist destination in the mountains of San Diego County, join us at Wynola Pizza & Bistro. We prioritize fresh, high-quality ingredients and cook all our pizza in a Wood Stone wood-fired oven over reclaimed local white oak. We proudly serve an eclectic variety of customers - from large parties of weekend tourists to Julian locals living in the backcountry. Our restaurant has been in business for more than 18 years, and we take pride in our food, our customers, and our history. We welcome someone who can identify with and enjoy the cooperative, creative environment offered by a family run restaurant.
Managerial duties include:
• Oversee the entire restaurant operation
• Work with existing staff and owners to continue Wynola Pizza's reputation of superior customer service and satisfaction
• Manage and refine overall restaurant marketing strategy
• Organize, supervise, and coordinate weekly employee schedule. May need to take shifts in the front of house, kitchen, and bar as needed
• Oversee hiring, manage and lead staff, and nurture a positive working environment
• Estimate consumption, forecast requirements and maintain inventory. Manage restaurant supplies and ordering
• Control food and labor costs while minimizing waste
• Monitor operations and initiate corrective actions when necessary
• Implement innovative strategies to improve productivity and sales
Candidate must have the following characteristics:
- Prior managerial experience. Formal culinary education is preferred.
- Hard working, organized, creative, and passionate about cooking and delivering quality results.
- A positive attitude, embraces the team concept in a restaurant, and is dependable and trustworthy.
- Ability to learn quickly, adopt existing procedures, and think critically during times of stress.
Compensation is negotiable and dependent on experience and qualifications. Lodging is available.
Job ID: 239556219