Do you want to be a part of a dynamic team of over 200 building safety professionals with great opportunities to grow within a leading consulting company?
Interwest Consulting Group’s company culture and management philosophy is unlike any in the Building Safety industry today. Not only do we provide outstanding compensation and benefit packages, but we truly value each of our employees. As part of the Interwest team, you will have an opportunity to be partial owner of the company and directly participate in our future success through our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP).
Founded in 2002, Interwest Consulting Group has become the leader in providing high quality and efficient Building Safety services to cities, counties, and other public agencies throughout the Western United States. We take our proven professional expertise and reputation very seriously and strive to continue to be the leading Building Safety consulting company in the industry. But don’t take our word for it! Ask any of our employees or clients about us and the services we provide!
We are seeking an experienced and motivated ICC certified Permit Technician with a minimum of two years’ experience performing permit processing services within a municipal building department to join our Building Safety Group. This is an exceptional opportunity to become a key member of our highly qualified, collaborative and motivated team.
Locations: Los Angeles County, California
Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Perform minor technical plan check to ensure compliance with both Public Works and Building Department standards, submittal requirements, development conditions, improvement standards, construction specifications, and city ordinances.
• Interpret and understand engineering and/or building plans, improvements standards, construction standards, building codes, maps, and legal descriptions.
• Issue and prepare permits related to plan check to ensure compliance with both Public Works and Building Department standards, development conditions, improvement standards, construction specifications, and city ordinances.
• Research and compile data from field verifications or office engineering records for inclusion into engineering correspondence, reports, or in response to public inquiry.
• Perform permit-related monetary transactions, accounts receivable coding, billing inquiries, and invoicing.
• Perform various administrative, reporting, billing and accounts receivable tasks.
• Establish and maintain cooperative relations with general public, development community, city staff, and others contacted during course of work.
• Ability to manage a wide range of duties in a timely and effective manner, including timely plan processing and routing and coordinating with discipline managers (e.g. Planning, Engineering and Building).
• Respond and assist in the resolution of development related inquiries and complaints. Evaluate alternative solutions and develop and present recommendations to supervisors.
• Perform data entry and coordinate routing of various permits, plans, and maps; use specialized database/permit tracking programs.
• Perform mathematical calculations with speed and accuracy.
• Must be highly organized and posses the flexibility to adjust to changing workload volume.
Minimum Experience & Qualifications:
• ICC Permit Technician Certification, preferred.
• High School Diploma, GED, preferred.
• Two Years Municipality Experience, preferred.
Job ID: 237251918