Job ID: 199122937
1 - 3 years
POSITION: Restaurant General Manager
PURPOSE: To accomplish the goals and objectives of the Owner(s) of Hotel Winneshiek (Hereafter referred to as the “hotel”) of ensuring safety, security, profitability, and team work in the operation of the hotel.
DEPARTMENT: Food and Beverage
REPORTS TO: Hotel General Manager
DIRECT SUBORDINATES: Restaurant, Bar, Kitchen and Banquet Staff
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES (include but not limited to the following):
- Represent the hotel and maximize the profits while minimizing the operating costs and the owner(s)’ liabilities and risks. Maintain efficient and on-going communication with supervisors to ensure effective operation.
- Conform with the local, state, federal, and any other law or regulations in the operation.
- Implement and comply with all service standards, policies, procedures, and guidelines of the Hotel Winneshiek
- Maximize quality and productivity to outpace competition and restructure operations to bring about the highest thresholds of quality and efficiency to the capacity of Food and Beverage operations.
- Stimulate teamwork and cooperation by being part of an active team in overall operation Hotel. Develop a commitment to quality among associates by optimizing associate participation and foster a quality focus throughout the operation of the hotel.
- Enhance management/associate relations.
- Perform all functions of the F&B operation as needed.
- Perform MOD duties as directed.
- Conduct and participate staff meetings as needed.
- Maintain a clean, neat, and well-organized work area. File all records, documents, and paper work properly in a timely manner.
- Review, and maintain budget.
- Maintain the safety and the security of the guests and their property, office staff and their property, and the Hotel property.
- Maintain the best utilization of the hotel’s facilities and equipment
- Maximize the services provided to F&B guests. Respond promptly and efficiently to the needs, complaints, comments, and concerns from the guests and associates.
- Greet arriving guests and associates in a pleasant manner, making them feel welcome.
- Establish daily and nightly checklist for each front of the house position.
- Establish room service procedures to enhance service and quality and ensures timely clearing of all room service trays from rooms and guest room floors.
- Maintain above average GSTS survey scores in F&B service, cleanliness and quality categories.
- Be sure all shifts leave the F&B department in opening condition that includes proper setting and cleanliness of the restaurant, bar, patio, wait station, kitchen and coolers.
- Respond and reply to all restaurant, bar or room service guest complaints or suggestions in a timely manner.
FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT/BUSINESS PLANNING:
- Develop menus and pricing with team that enables the Company to meet profitability, service and quality goals.
- Work with team to ensure adherence to all State and Local food safety laws.
- Establish procedures for inventory, controls and ordering of Restaurant and Bar Supplies.
- Establish procedures for inventory, controls and ordering of all liquor, wine, beer and non-alcoholic beverages.
- Responsible for menu cost control, labor cost and achieving budget in department in conjunction with Kitchen Lead.
- Set and establish bar and wine menu to meet service, quality and profitability goals.
- Maintain guest check and P.O.S. controls for the restaurant and bar including daily void, coupon and comp. monitoring.
- Use purchase order system for all non-food or beverage items.
- Work with Hotel ensure proper controls of exits in the evening for the safety of guests and associates and product control.
- Process and code all invoices for liquor, wine, beer and restaurant supplies in a timely manner and turn into Controller at minimum once per week.
- Monitor sales per server and guest check average in order to maximize revenues and correct performance of associates.
- Work with the Sales and Marketing department to develop strategies to increase restaurant and bar business from surrounding neighborhoods and area businesses.
- Develop Sales and Marketing material through work with vendors and Sales and Marketing team to increase sales through in-house promotions in rooms, elevators, key packets and tabletops.
- Work with Kitchen Lead to establish specials for lunch and dinner as well as promotions for happy hour, holiday brunches and special events.
- Develop wine list and train staff to enhance menus and to create up sell opportunities.
- Develop up sell promotions and incentives for service staff to increase revenues and product knowledge.
HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT/ASSOCIATE RELATIONS/TRAINING:
- Maintain proper grooming, hygiene, dress codes and nametags for yourself and associates in the F&B department.
- Establish training program for all front of the house restaurant and bar associates.
- Monitor time clock sheets to assure adherence to schedules; minimize overtime and manage proper taking and clocking in and out of breaks.
- Comply and enforce compliance with the hotel’s rules and conduct codes as stated in the Associate Guidebook.
- Review performance through Companies performance appraisal system at 90 days after hiring all new associates and at each associates anniversary date.
- Establish training procedures and policies to ensure 100% compliance with State and Local liquor laws.
- Hire and terminate associates for maximum business benefit and need in accordance with policies in the Companies Associate Guidebook.
- Be sure to adhere to the Companies Harassment and Open Door Policy as described in the Associate Guidebook.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS (includes but not limited to the following):
- Degree in Hotel and Restaurant Management or Business related area or higher or equivalent job experience.
- Updated training and knowledge in issues related to the successful operation of the hotel and restaurant and bar.
- Updated training in leadership.
- Be able to perform all restaurant and bar duties independently as needed.